Welcome to Cul-Erg House & Kitchen 4* B&B, an unique & stylish accommodation on offer in Portstewart.
JJ & Marie opened the doors to guests in July 1995 with 5 rooms on offer. With extensive renovations taking place at different stages they now have 14 well- proportioned and stylish bedrooms.
Over the years their children James & Catherine have also shown an interest and assisted in the running of the business.
In the last 2 yrs James has become more actively involved. Having previously worked in different areas of hospitality he has brought his knowledge, enthusiasm & passion for excellence to Cul-Erg allowing them the opportunity to expand the services already offered.
His passion for providing excellent customer service combined with the love of cooking has influenced James into expanding the services already on offer.
On re-opening in 2021 they are delighted to be able to offer guests the opportunity to also dine during the day. ‘The Kitchen’ @ Cul-Erg offering snacks & lunches until 4pm.
Guests will continue to experience Irish hospitality in abundance and excellent customer service.As it has for so many over the years, Cul-Erg will surely become for you ‘That great little place in Portstewart” That you sort of make your own, Planning to return even before you have left
Unassumingly tucked away, Cul-Erg House & Kitchen is but a two minute stroll to the clear blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque promenade. It boasts a herring pool on its back doorstep, where people come from far and wide to avail of a therapeutic dip. The nearby promenade displays spectacular views across the North Coast to the Innishowen Peninsula of Donegal.
Guests can enjoy picturesque coastal walks, restaurants and bars in the nearby town centre. Cul-Erg House is also close to a host of visitor attractions, including the world famous golf courses, in Portstewart, Portrush and Castlerock. This area of outstanding beauty and challenging golf courses make it an exciting stop for keen golfers. The renowned Giants Causeway, Dunluce Castle, Bushmills Distillery and the Carrick-a-Rede Rope bridge to name but a few, all beckon to be explored and enjoyed.
Guests can choose from Deluxe & Superior stylish Double, Twin bedded and Single rooms, some of which are located on the Ground floor.
- All rooms have Tea/coffee making facilities.
- Spacious Dining room to enjoy breakfast with extensive menu to choose from and continental options.
- Guests can also avail of a fully equipped Kitchenette.
- Relax & unwind in our Reception/Lounge with the warmth of an open fire.
- ‘The Kitchen @ Cul-Erg will be open after Breakfast until 4pm offering snacks, lunches as well as Morning/Afternoon Tea & Coffee with a selection of scones & patisserie.
- All our produce will be locally sourced, homemade & hot dishes will continue to be cooked to order.
- A drying room & storage for golfers and walkers.
- Secure garage
- Off street parking & Private parking for limited cars at the back of the property.
- Free High speed WI-FI accessible throughout.
Group bookings with specific requests are asked to e-mail requests directly to firstname.lastname@example.org